Hi! I’m the Costume Coordinator for MYTP, better known as “The Costume Lady”!
I started helping backstage with MYTP when my eldest child was 8 years old. That was in 2011, and I have been with them ever since! I still remember the first play I ever saw as a child, and believe that every child should have the opportunity to experience live theatre, whether on stage or in the audience.
Things you may (or may not know) about me:
- I love really bad puns
- My favourite season is Autumn
- I’m proud of being English, but love Canada, Canadians, and living in Canada
- I love to bake, especially Bundt cakes
- I would like to have lived in the roaring twenties (but only if I was rich)
- I notice when shoes are not “right” in a theatre production, but struggle to choose the right ones for my plays
- I have a soft spot for Rogers and Hammerstein musicals
- I’m a cat person, but am gradually changing into a dog person
- I prefer costuming kids over adults (although I wouldn’t turn down an adult production of Wicked)
- I love Dr Pepper, but only drink it during show week